Last night I was in my fridge and realized that the strawberries I bought earlier this week were already starting to look soft! I knew they wouldn’t make it through the weekend so I decided to make some muffins for breakfast. I had a couple of left over lemons from my lemon pound cake, so why not make strawberry lemon muffins?! I did a little research and whipped these up with ingredients I already had at the house.
I will post an update with the video later tonight 🙂
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can also use all purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 7-10 strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups and spray them with cooking oil, set muffin tin aside.
- In large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, set aside.
- In smaller bowl whisk lemon juice, oil, buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix well.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Whisk powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth, drizzle over cool muffins.